Harvester Ants Direct to Your Door
Our ants are gathered by Ant Wranglers in the hills of the American Southwest! Once you have purchased your Live Ant Hill, you must redeem the enclosed certificate to receive your ants. Redeem your certificate by mail and your vial of 25 (or 50) harvester ants will arrive at your door within 2 to 3 weeks.
The Live Ant Hill Includes:
- Two-sided viewing habitat with safe and escape-proof, locking lid
- Special “easy dig’ sand
- Sand rod to help ants get tunnels started
- Certificate to redeem an Ant Hill supply of 25 harvester ants by mail An additional $4 fee ($5.00 Canadian) for shipping and handling your vial of ants is required when you redeem your certificate. Your ants are guaranteed to arrive alive.
- Or, you may choose to redeem your certificate for a Super Supply of 50 harvester ants. An additional $6 fee ($7.00 Canadian) for shipping and handling your vial of ants is required when you redeem your certificate.
- Live Ant Hill Instructions and Activity Guide
Watch Your Hard Working Ants Dig Elaborate Tunnels.
Now anyone can become a myrmecologist (a person who studies ants) with the Live Ant Hill! The Live Ant Hill is perfect for the home and classroom and offers children the lessons of responsibility, cooperation, hard work and life science. You’ll soon learn that your busy ants are dedicated to their job. This ant habitat gives you a great view of your very own colony as they build their subterranean tunnels and chambers.
Escape Proof and Easy to Maintain
The safe and escape proof design of the Live Ant Hill ensures that ants will stay safely where they belong! Please do not place ants that you may find outdoors in this ant habitat. It is specifically designed for larger Harvester Ants. Ants you may find locally will be smaller and will likely escape the Live Ant Hill.
You’ll have to place your habitat in a safe, permanent place where it can be viewed easily but not moved. If the habitat is jostled it may disturb the ants’ tunneling. Your ants will require a tiny bit of celery, carrot or apple (about the size of a popcorn kernel) every three days for 25 ants. They also need a couple of drops of water every third or fourth day.
Your ants will weave a tapestry of tunnels and chambers in the Live Ant Hill. Watch them excavate sand on one side of the habitat and then climb up on the other side. Ants are very social, cooperative creatures and communicate with each other by touching antennae when they meet. Do you see them “talking” to each other?
If temperatures are extremely cold or hot (below 32 degress Fahrenheit or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit), please allow extra time for delivery.
Harvester Ants will live 2 to 4 weeks in the Live Ant Hill.
An Educational Kit You Can Use Again and Again
You’ll need fresh sand and more ants if you’d like to enjoy the Live Ant Hill experience again. Order your Live Ant Hill Refill here.
Ants can be found on every continent except ANTarctica!
Discover more fun ant facts and information by visiting our Ant FAQ.
Recommended for Ages 8 and Up with Adult Supervision.
- Watch ants dig real sand tunnels!
- Perfect for ages 8 and up with adult supervision
- Inside/Outside cut-away hill design allows for two-sided viewing
- Wide base for super stability
- Safe and escape proof design
- Special “easy dig” sand
- Certificate to redeem 25 Harvester Ants - an additional $4 shipping and handling fee ($5.00 Canadian) is required when you redeem your certificate.
- You may also redeem your certificate for a Super Supply of 50 Harvester Ants - an additional $6 shipping and handling fee ($7.00 Canadian) is required for 50 ants.
- Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for the delivery of your ants
- Your ants are guaranteed to arrive alive.
- Ants are shipped to destinations within the Continental USA and Canada. We cannot ship live ants to Alaska or Hawaii.
- It is best to have your live ants sent to a building (where temperatures are controlled) rather than to an outdoor mailbox.
- If temperatures are extremely cold or hot (below 32 degrees Fahrenheit or above 100 degrees Fahrnheit), please allow extra time for delivery.
- Please be available to receive shipment of your live ants. Shipments of ants must be opened upon receipt. To ensure the survival of your ants, do not leave shipments unattended.
- Use the Live Ant Hill Refill to restock your Live Ant Hill
- Complete Live Ant Hill Instructions can be found here.
Dimensions: 9.0” x 5.75” x 11.5”
Weight: 1.42 lbs
Manufacturer Recommended Age: 8 and up with adult supervision
Warning: Choking hazard. Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
50 ants is not so good for beginners Review by laborday1000 - urbandale, iowa
I have an AntHill from insect lore. I should have gotten 25 ants. I am just a beginner. this means I have never had this type of ant farm before. (Posted on 9/21/14)
Fun product for my girls Review by Michele Mclaughlin - Port Hueneme, CA
My kids had such fun watching these ants dig and tunnel. I paid the little bit extra to get 50 ants instead of 25 and I regretted it a bit because they tunneled through all the sand very quickly and then brought most of the sand to the front of the dome. After that they didn't have a whole lot to do, so I felt bad for the little gals. I think 25 would have been sufficient and it would have taken them a bit longer to tunnel. Oh well, they are still alive and kicking after 5 weeks. (Posted on 5/17/13)
ant hill Review by bubby - Jacksonville, united states of amarica
I CAN'T WAIT UNTILL I GET ANOTHER INSECT (Posted on 5/11/13)
Write Your Own Review
Video review of Ant Hill