Our Happy Customer Guarantee
Here at Insect Lore, the happiness of our customers and live insects is of utmost importance. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact our Customer Service Department within ten days of receiving your order. We will do our best to ensure that your issue is resolved.
Insect Lore takes great pride in the quality of our educational products and the reliability of our Live Insect Kits. Live products are non-returnable, but each live insect order guarantees that a specific number of specimens will grow to full adulthood. For orders that include caterpillars, we guarantee that two thirds of the caterpillars will become adult butterflies. For orders that include ladybugs, we guarantee that 5 of your ladybug larvae will become adult ladybugs. If your live insect order does not fulfill this guarantee, we will send you a replacement.
Please click the “Contact Us” link at the top right of your screen and fill in your information. Include your name, address, email address, phone number and your order number (if you have it). We will respond within 1 business day.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Customers must be prepared to receive and raise their live insects. That’s why we provide three ordering options:
- Shipped with Live NOW. This is the ideal option when you are ready to receive and raise your live insects NOW
- Shipped with Live NOW with future ship date. You can choose this option if you know when you want your shipment of live insects to arrive in the future. When you reach the product page, select SHIPPED WITH LIVE NOW. When you check out, choose the future date you would like your product shipped up to one year in advance. This is the perfect option for teachers planning class projects. Be sure to account for delivery times.
- Shipped with Certificate LATER. If you are not sure when you will be prepared to receive your live shipment, this is the option for you. It allows you to make your plans and then redeem your certificate for your live insects when you are ready for them. This is a great option if you are planning to give a Live Kit as a gift. Please note that a $5 shipping and handling fee is required when the certificate is redeemed.
At Insect Lore, the safety and well being of your live specimens is of utmost importance. As you can imagine, shipping live insects adds an additional level of complexity to the shipping process. Here are a few things you can do to help ensure that your live insects will arrive safe, happy and healthy:
- Select a ship date that allows you to observe and enjoy the entire life cycle of your live insects. Plan for any school breaks, holidays or extended weekends that might interrupt your project. Keep in mind that you will release your adult insects between 3 to 5 weeks after you receive your live shipment.
- Ship your insects to an indoor address, if possible. It is best to have live shipments sent to a building, where temperatures are controlled, rather than to an outdoor mailbox, where temperatures may be extreme.
- Track your package online so you are prepared to receive them. You must be available to open the package containing your live insects immediately upon receipt. They will not survive in a hot mailbox or warehouse. Please do not leave live shipments unattended.
- During extreme weather, it may be necessary to delay shipping our insects for their protection. Our insects travel all over the country. Even though it may be cool in your area, traveling through Arizona or Texas in the heat of the summer may be very dangerous for our insect friends. If you have an urgent need for your insects, please select expedited delivery. This should enable your insects to be shipped quickly enough to protect them from most extreme weather conditions.
- Due to insect restrictions, we cannot ship to Hawaii, military bases or Guam
Shipping charges are based on the items in your order, your location and your preferred delivery method (standard, rush, etc.). Once you enter your order online, you will be given delivery options. Select your preferred delivery method and you will be given an instant quote before you finalize your order.
If you choose standard shipping, please allow 3 to 7 business days for delivery. Expedited orders received by 1:00 p.m. EST/10:00 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday are shipped the same day and arrive within 1 to 2 business days. Drop shipments may take up to 3 weeks. Due to import restrictions, Insect Lore cannot ship outside the Continental United States. We cannot ship live specimens to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii or Mexico. We also cannot ship live product overseas.
Orders shipped to California are subject to California Sales Tax.
Sorry, a $25 fee will be charged for returned checks
Track Your Order
Once you submit your order, you will immediately receive your order number. Use this number to track the status of your order by clicking on the "Track My Order" link at the bottom of the page. Enter your order number, last name and either your email address or billing zip code. If your order has not arrived within the specified shipping time, please contact Insect Lore. Click the "Contact Us" link at the top right of your screen to notify us of your issue. Remember to include your name, address, email address, phone number and the order number (if you have it).
Update Your Account
Have you moved? Do you have a new email address? Or do you work at a new school? Log in to Your Account now to update your information.
Customer Service FAQ
Our most frequently asked customer service questions are answered here.